June 2020: FT2000RC YAESU CAT & Remote Control is now available as 64-bit application and renamed to FTDXRC.
To upgrade from FT2000RC to FTDXRC see the Download page.
FTDXRC - Remote control your FT DX 5000, FT-2000 and FT-950
FTDXRC is a CAT & TCP/IP Remote Control software optimzed for the DXer with a fully integrated Voice-over-IP solution and user interfaces for the YAESU transceivers
- FT DX 5000
- FT-2000 and FT-2000D
It might work with other YAESU transceivers as well but FTDXRC provides user interfaces just for these three transceivers. User interfaces for other YAESU transceivers such as the FT-DX101 are not planned.
The software works local (CAT control over COM Port), as Remote Base Server or as Remote Client. When running as Remote Base Server, an unlimited number of users can connect to one server at the same time sharing one radio. The audio and all radio commands are broadcasted to the connected users.
- K1EL WinKey CW Interface and microHAM Router Interface (supporting DVK voice messages)
- MMTTY RTTY Interface and integration, YAESU Rotators Interface and FlexControl Tuning Knob Interface
- Parametric Microphone Equalizer and Transceiver Menu access
- Pre-defined message buffers for CW, Phone (DVK) and RTTY
- Optional local CW sidetone
- Telnet DX Cluster access, sophisticated Band Map and DX Spots display
- Integrated Log Book with callsign and country detection, LoTW integration and QRZ.com callsign lookup
- Remote Connection Monitor showing the performance of the internet connection to your remote base server by evaluating current and average latency times
- Three window display modes - basic, compact and wide
- ...and much more
Click image for a wide display mode screenshot of FTDXRC.
FTDXRC was first published in 2008 as FT2000RC supporting only the FT-2000 when this transceiver was very popular. The original transceiver panel layout was adopted but some extra features were added for an improved DX (split) operation, better and more ergonomic control of the settings and knob positions. Track bars (sliders) are used to be able to quicker set and watch all positions. The FT-950 and FT DX 5000 were added later, were optimzed and the software is now available as a 64-bit application.
There is a separate FTDXRC Remote Base Server application included that can be installed at your remote base server. It has a reduced user interface taking less resources and lower latency.